More belief = More confidence = More sales
So as a small business owner, or someone looking to start a business, what are some tangible things you can do that will raise your belief, make you more confident and increase your sales?
Over the past 3 years since starting Scaler Marketing, I have made a number of pivotal decisions that redefined my own belief and took company sales to a completely new level.
Here's a few of them and how they impacted the business:
Establishing the Scaler brand (name, logo, url, website, business card, etc):
- It felt like a real business.
- There was something tangible to show people.
- I was proud to show people what I had started.
When I first started outsourcing web design:
- Quality went up.
- Speed increased.
- I was no longer dependent 100% on my own time, so I had more confidence to go out and find new clients without worrying how I would get the work done.
When Jesse and I teamed up:
- Our capabilities skyrocketed.
- Our professionalism skyrocketed.
- Our ability to deliver skyrocketed.
- My commitment skyrocketed because now I had another person who I was responsible for.
When we rebuilt our own website:
- Our image improved exponentially.
- Our confidence to point people to our work went through the roof.
- I was more excited than ever to draw attention to the company.
At each step, my excitement went up, my beliefs strengthened, and my confidence increased, all leading me to not only be more effective at sales, but also more eager to get in front of potential clients and put myself out there.
Another way to build belief is to simply beat out your competition. Click Here for one important factor you might be missing.
So what are some things you can do to increase your confidence and boost your sales?
Take yourself seriously.
Start acting like a business that is where you want to be, not where you think you are. Put on a nice suit, metaphorically or literally speaking, and you will automatically feel better about yourself.
Become more efficient.
Don't be so tied to your own personal hours of every day. When you can't imagine taking on even more work, it becomes very hard to actually take on more work. Find ways to free up your time so you can both focus more on sales AND handle more work.
Constantly work to improve the quality of your services.
It's really hard to persuade someone to pay for something if you don't really believe it can help them. The better the service, the better you will feel when you are selling it.
Make sure you are proud of your image.
As the founder of a branding and website company, I believe your website is your store front. It's what people see first, it represents you, and it defines the way people think of you from the very first moment.
If you are bogged down trying to do it yourself, or worse, threw something together you're not even proud of, how excited are you going to be to show it to as many people as you can?
When you hire the right professionals, a few things happen:
- You are way more invested because you just paid a premium for something. That is serious stuff, and you better believe that will light a fire under you.
- Your confidence will soar through the roof because you will look like the real deal, feel like the real deal, and ultimately start acting like the real deal.
- If you're smart, you won't just hire a "web designer" who will just make you a website. The right professional, with solid experience, will also be able to help you define your brand, your image, your messaging and your marketing in ways you never would have thought of on your own.
So now what?
Now is the time to get moving. Can you really afford to wait another day, another month, another year?
How much longer can you go without that boost in confidence that your business really needs?
If you'd like to chat about some options and explore whether any or all of these changes might be beneficial to you, let's connect over a strategy call. Our strategy calls are free and designed to give you more confidence whether or not we feel you would be an ideal client for us.
So you have nothing to lose unless you do nothing. I'm excited to chat with you and I'm excited to see your belief, confidence and sales go to new heights.
And if it turns out you would be an ideal client, meaning we are confident we can help you, and our services are exactly what you need, then we can discuss what that might look like, if and only if it's a good fit for us both.