The definition of branding has often become synonymous with a symbol or an icon. While a logo can certainly serve as the identity figurehead, it is only a small piece of the bigger brand puzzle.
Whether you are a start-up, a seasoned multi-generational corporation, or simply a local business with a loyal customer base, your company’s brand plays an integral role in how you are perceived.
And what’s better, a boring brand, or a compelling brand?
What makes a brand compelling?
A compelling brand is one that tells a powerful story. While an icon can be worth at least a thousand words, a brand is the larger picture.
A powerful brand comes from a lot of things:
Strategy helps you find the perfect audience that you are best equipped for, and craft the exact message to share with that audience.
Design is how you start bringing your message to life using symbols, images, color patterns and anything else you can use to demonstrate the personality and character of what makes your brand unique.
Ultimately, the way your brand makes people feel will largely impact the success of your company, as well as the impact of your marketing.
Already have a compelling brand and want to create a powerful website? Click Here for our fully custom step-by-step process.
Now you might be wondering:
What do I do with a brand anyway?
A brand is your identity. It’s what you want people to think of when they see you. It’s like the clean slate we all wish we had after high school to completely start ourselves over as the people we actually want to be.
A strategically developed, designed and created brand will communicate a consistent story throughout your marketing and client interactions, so no matter where people find you, they get the same compelling message:
- Social Media
- On a product
- Even on the phone or in a meeting with a member of your team
How to pick the right company for your brand:
If you are considering hiring a branding company, there are a few important factors to ponder.
- Process – What process do they use to develop a brand? Do they use a process at all or do you just get what they give you?
- Strategy – How do they determine the best direction for your brand? Is strategy and research an important part of the process?
- Creativity – If you look at their portfolio and get excited about what you see, there’s a much better chance you will be excited about your brand too.
- Business – Do you want to work with a company that treats itself like a business, or take a more low-key freelance approach?
- Cost – Some companies charge more, and some companies charge less. When you pay more you generally get a higher quality and quantity of work, and a better and longer term level of service. So, figure out your ideal outcome, and then find the best way to make it happen.
So, if you find yourself looking for Branding services, and would like to find out if Scaler Marketing might be a good fit to help you accomplish your Branding goals, reach out, don’t be shy at all, and we will be delighted to answer your questions and help point you in the best possible direction for your Branding needs.